Whipped Body Butter Ingredients
- 1 cup of cocoa butter – find unrefined cocoa butter here
- 1/2 cup coconut oil – find coconut oil here
- 1/2 cup of jojoba oil or other liquid oil (almond or a mild olive would work great too)
Whipped Body Butter Method
- Using a double boiler gently melt cocoa butter and coconut oil until completely liquid.
- Stir in jojoba or other liquid oil.
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator until the oil mixture begins to firm, but has not turned completely solid. This may take longer than you expect – several hours at least.
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, whip the semi-solid mixture until white peaks form.
- Scoop into glass jars and allow to chill for an hour in the fridge.
This homemade lotion will remain whipped in moderate temperatures. If your home is particularly hot, you may want to store your body butter in the fridge. If you forget and your whipped butter melts back to oil, simple re-chill and re-whip.